Do you have even the slightest reliance on anything or anyone other than God? "Joshua said to the people ,' You can not serve the LORD..."
If you have reliance on anything even a slight bit, you can not serve the Lord. Your heaert is not fully open to Him and willing to do anything for Him, therefore He can not use you. BUT.. "The people said to Joshua, 'No but we WILL serve the LORD!" (Joshua 24:19-21)
The people deliberately told Joshua and the Lord that their hearts were open. They had let go of everything and everyone so that they could serve the Lord.
God wants to use the feeble and the weak because it allows His glory to show through. If we (well I) hold on to things such as my deep desire to go back to Washington D.C. or relatonships with friends, especially after a worn out welcome, or trying to fix everything, my heart is not ready to serve because I would be reserved in service, because no matter how hard I can try I am human and would think of these things. I would feel "stronger, in control, or needed/needing". By letting go of these things I become God's image and do not find myself in these things. I would be weak and my full identity is within the Lord and where He leads.
I don't want to end up just throwing myself into a ctiy or church because I know there are options. I want God to open doors and there to be prayer adn a calling and a lead.
I have been blessed with a heart for the homeless and a giant heart for children. Especially for those whom have to live below the poverty line and have bad home lifes or just need love.
I feel the opportunity of bein a host thru CSM in D.C. next summer. God has control though and it is in His hands so now the process is waiting and praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment