Monday, July 19, 2010

lifejacket

So if you have read my blog you know I am no longer a soccer player and suffering some medical mystery. It is getting worse and I have a good analogy for life.

I teach swim lessons on the side, and i have these 2 precious children that I teach. Well we missed 2 sessions so we started make up classes today and the first thing one of my babies asked was, "May I have my life jacket?'' I replied no you will be ok because I will not let you go. It was a little bit of a test but we got into the pool and class was fantastic, but still after swim lesson and swimming for fun, my little one asked,"May I use my life jacket?''

Now after going through what I am dealing with, I feel myself asking,"May I use my life jacket?" to God. I know He has everything under control, but I am looking for my steadfast security because I don't see or feel it. Because I don't see answers I am longing and reaching out for my "life jacket" security and only God has that. My little swimmer knew that they weren't the best swimmer and that that jacket would save them, keep them afloat, and keep them secure.

God is every Christians life jacket security, suit of armor, and path of truth. He knows right from wrong because He created all and is willing to show us because He loves us.

Grab your "life jacket" and g o swimming because God is watching over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment